Monday, March 28, 2011

Week Two

Here we are at the start of the second week of the 30 blogs/30 days challenge. I have managed to survive the first week of the challenge, but just barely. I have to admit some days I was having a hard time coming up with a subject and some of my posts were pretty lame. We'll have to see how this week goes. If this post is an example of what to expect, I wouldn't hold my breath.

So, what are my non-blog goals for the week? I have been trying to build up my riding miles with out much success. Only one ride this last week. I have been using the stationary bike on the days I don't ride, but that is just not the same as actually riding. A bicycle is alive, moving underneath you, the subtle sound of the tires changing as the road surface changes, the effort of grinding into a strong headwind knowing that will be a tailwind cruise on the return trip. Compared to really riding, a stationary bike is dead.

The Red Bud is in less than a week away. That is the first big ride of the year in the metro area. It can be challenging for several reasons. Being early in the riding season it is hard to have worked up to doing long rides. The weather can be iffy in early April. The route can be tough. The short route (33 miles) starts off easy, but the return is mostly uphill, and usually into the wind. In spite of that I'm looking forward to participating (if the weather is not too bad).

No comments:

Post a Comment