Saturday, April 2, 2011

Draper Lake

I rode a lap around Draper Lake today for the first time this season. Draper Lake is one of my favorite riding areas. The route that I ride is only a little longer than the south side Oklahoma River Trail, but it is way hillier. I start and finish at the same place however there seem to be more uphill riding than downhill.
Todays ride was interesting for a couple of reasons. First, The water level looked very low. It was so low that areas of the roadway on the east side of the dam was getting covered with blowing sand from a sandbar exposed by the low water level.
The second thing was somewhat related to the fist was a grass fire. I had almost finished the ride, only a couple miles left when I came to an area where the fire department was finishing up putting out a grass fire. The was a police car parked across the roadway blocking traffic. I thought I may have to turn around and go all the way back around the lake in order to get back to my car. Fortunately the policeman waived me through and I was able to complete my ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment