Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bento Box

Just finished packing my bento box lunch for tomorrow. My bento has two tiers. The top is 530 ml and has a gasket seal on the lid. The lower is 470 ml and the lid is snug but not water tight. I am not much of a cook, but am getting a system worked out so it doesn't take much time the night before to prepare. Most of the ingredients are prepared beforehand. I start with filling about 2/3 of the top with rice. A few days worth of rice will keep in the refrigerator. I have tried different things in the remaining 1/3. So far the best has been some seaweed salad. The bottom tier has been used for fruit and veggies. I have been using two small silicone muffin cups for the fruit. Today I filled one with grapes and one with mandarin sections I have used an assortment of baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sliced cucumbers, and celery to fill the remaining space.

No comments:

Post a Comment